Registration of a used vehicle purchased in Poland - Warsaw 19115 (2023)

Registration of a used vehicle purchased in Poland

Warsaw 19115

Welcome to the official website of the Municipal Contact Center Warsaw 19115. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

  • You are looking for information
  • You want to report a problem
  • You have an idea
  • your application
  • For citizens of Ukraine
  • AED units
  • Based on knowledge

nulaRegistration of a used vehicle purchased in Poland

AO/12/04/K | Updated: 23 December 2022 at 08:32 | | | |


New license plates in Mazowsze
Mazowieckie Voivodeship was left without license plates marked "W" (eg WX 12345). Until the stock of such plates is exhausted, we will continue to register cars with numbers beginning with the letter "W".
The Minister of Infrastructure gave us a new "A" classification (eg AX 12345). From January 2023 we will issue new number plates starting with the letter 'A' for vehicles with reduced number plates.
[§]Legal basis: Art. 27, no. 3, and § 31, no. 3, of the Minister of Infrastructure's decree of 31 August 2022 on the registration and marking of vehicles, requirements for number plates and models of other documents in connection with the registration of vehicles (Law 2022, Article 1847) .

................................................ .. ..................................................................... ............................................................ ................................................

From 1 February 2022, by applying for re-registration of a used vehicle bought in Poland, you can keep the existing registration number. Stand – the plates must be white and have EU stars on a blue background. Also remember that signs must be legible, i.e. kept in good condition and must not be bent. If the number plate of the vehicle you purchased does not meet these requirements, we will have to re-register your car with new numbers, which will incur a higher fee.

Have you bought a used car? You have 30 days to notify us of your purchase. If you do not comply, we will impose a fine of 200 to 1000 PLN. Due to COVID-19, the deadline has been extended to 60 days. For details, see the information sheet "Notice of purchase of vehicle".

Have you sold your car? You have 30 days to notify us of rejection of the vehicle. If you do not comply, we will impose a fine of 200 to 1000 PLN. Due to COVID-19, the deadline has been extended to 60 days. Detailed information can be found in the information sheet "Notification of refusal of a registered vehicle".

................................................ .. ..................................................................... ............................................................ ................................................

As a reminder:

  1. heavy truckswith a maximum permissible weight of more than 3.5 tonnes;
  2. road tractorsIBallast traktordesigned for use with a semi-trailer or trailer having a maximum permissible combined vehicle weight of more than 3.5 tonnes;
  3. trailers and semi-trailerswhich, together with the motor vehicle, have a permissible total weight of more than 7 tonnes, except those which relate exclusively to the agricultural activity carried out by the agricultural tax payer;
  4. buses,

imposed transport tax.

You have 14 days to complete and submit your tax return. You can do this in one of the following ways:

  1. Use the easy-to-use tax form guides available on the Moja Warszawa website:
  2. If you have a trusted profile: Create an account on the site, log in and submit the form.
  3. If you don't have a trusted profile:
    1. print and sign the form,
    2. or fill in a handwritten form, which can be obtained from the regional office.
  4. Promote the form traditionally:
    1. directly to the Department of Housing Services in your district or at our head office at 57 Obozowa Street - 1st Floor
    2. by mail to the postal address: Warszawa Capital Office - Taxpayer Service Center, Al. Jerozolimskie 44, 00-024 Warsaw.

Further information, including the declaration form and the declaration attachment, can be found on the information sheetCOP/01/02/K.

Trin for trin guide

  1. Download, print and fill outapplication formIconsent1. Application forms are also available in our office.
  2. Attach the necessary supporting documents (the originals).
  3. Don't forget to take your ID card with you.
  4. Go to yoursDistrict officeand submit your application, including all attachments, and pay all required fees.
  5. You can book your visit to the office through the Warsaw reservation system ( that booking time only entitles you to one thingfor example to register a vehicle.
  6. If the vehicle is co-owned, all co-owners must be present or have permission from them (authorization form).
  7. The employee confirms your place of residence in the system. If you do not have a registered residence, you must provide another document that we certify during our service. Each such case will be dealt with individually.
  8. Decision on temporary registration of vehicles, temporary traffic card valid for up to 30 days, number plates are issued.
  9. Update your car liability insurance.
  10. Make your decision on vehicle classification along with registration before your temporary license expires. Information on the availability of a registration certificate can be obtained from the relevant office or When you download the registration confirmation,return your temporary licenseand present a valid liability insurance policy.

For more information about your rights regarding the processing of your personal data for the purposes of the registration process under the provisions of the GDPR, please use this link.

................................................ .. ...................................

1If you accept the processing of contact data.

Necessary supporting documents

  1. Application for vehicle ownerregister the vehicle.
  2. Consentfor the processing of personal data.
  3. Proof of vehicle ownership (proof of vehicle ownership may includeone of the following documents:VAT invoice confirming the purchase of a vehicle, sales contract, property exchange contract, gift contract, annuity contract, final court decision on property rights), transfer contract, e.g. bank transfer contract, original transfer contract with return statement of transfer of assets and a statement of repayment of the total debt).
  4. Vehicle license with unitupdated technical control.
  5. Traffic signs.
  6. A document confirming the power of attorney, if the power of attorney is appointed in the case (standard power of attorney).
  7. If youa natural person is the owner of the vehicle, a personal document is required, i.e. an identity card or other document with a photo confirming the identity (available for verification).
  8. Ithe legal entity is the owner of the vehicle,A current national court transcript is required (available for review). Only persons authorized to represent a legal entity can handle vehicle registration matters.

If they are the owner of the vehicleforeignersresiding in the Republic of Poland, foreign companies or cultural centers, institutions or press correspondents, must submit:

  1. Identity cards for foreigners,passport and one of the following documents, with certificate of temporary residence:
    1. Schengen visa or national visa,
    2. Residence card issued in connection with approval of temporary residence,
    3. Residence certificate issued to an EU citizen,
    4. a family member's residence card issued to an EU citizen,
    5. A document confirming the right to permanent residence for an EU citizen,
    6. Permanent residence card issued to a family member of an EU citizen,
    7. Residence card issued in connection with the granting of a permanent residence permit, EU long-term residence permit, notification of refugee status, notification of subsidiary protection or acceptable residence permit.
  2. Certificate of registration in the register of foreign business representations issued by the Minister of Economy or a valid extract from the state court for a branch of a foreign company (for inspection) for foreign companies. For cultural centers, institutions, journalists - international conventions, confirmations from embassies, accreditations (for inspection).


  1. You can make payments for shipping related items by bank transfer or postal order (click on the 'bank account' linkdobank accountof the City of Warsaw for the relevant district office or in cash directly at the cash desk of the district office responsible for processing your case.
  • On the payment report, write the vehicle's make, model and registration number and, if there is no registration number, the vehicle's VIN number.

Transfer fee for its issuance


campinghus /

semi trailer /

agricultural tractor



Normal license plates

80,00 PLN

40,00 PLN

40,00 PLN

30,00 PLN

Private license plates

1000,00 PLN


500,00 PLN


Registration certificate

54,00 PLN

54,00 PLN

54,00 PLN

54,00 PLN

Temporary permit

13,50 PLN

13,50 PLN

13,50 PLN

13,50 PLN

Confirmation sticker

12,50 PLN

12,50 PLN

12,50 PLN

12,50 PLN

Registration fee

1,50 PLN

1,50 PLN

1,50 PLN

1,50 PLN

TOTAL (for normal plates)

161,50 PLN

121,50 PLN

121,50 PLN

111,50 PLN

Total(in case of leaving the available registration

plates with the issuance of a temporary traffic permit)*

81,00 PLN

81,00 PLN

81,00 PLN

81,00 PLN

TOTAL (for private plates

1081,50 PLN


581,50 PLN


Re-registration of a vehicle with an existing registration number

without issuing a temporary permit**

67,00 PLN67,00 PLN67,00 PLN67,00 PLN

* these are white, pristine number plates issued by the municipality of Warsaw.

**Applies to white, pristine license plates with EU stars on a blue background, issued by Polish registration authorities.

  1. 17,00 PLN– fee for depositing the notetransferred.
  • BodyFor onetransferredcan be paid by bank transfer or money order tobank account(link "bank account".or at any ticket office in the city of Warsaw.
  • The power of attorney submission form does not apply to powers of attorney granted to spouses, descendants, ascendants or siblings.

Answer waiting time

  1. Immediate response - in cases that do not require collection of evidence, information or clarification.
  2. Up to one month - in cases that require an investigation procedure.
  3. Up to two months - in case of a high degree of complexity.

Anke process

You can appeal the decision to the Municipal Court of Appeal within 14 days of receiving the decision through the authority that made the decision.


  1. From 1 February 2022, the applicant for vehicle registration can apply to keep the existing registration number, including number plates, if the vehicle was already registered on the territory of the Republic of Poland and has white plates with EU stars. plates must be legible and kept in good condition. In this case, when registering a vehicle, the head of the prefecture issues a decision on the registration of vehicles and traffic cards and legalizes the existing number plates (registration plates). If the number plates do not meet the specified conditions, they are replaced, that is, the vehicle is re-registered with new numbers.
  2. The owner of a registered vehicle is required to report it to the prefect within 30 days of purchase (details can be found in the bulletinAO/05/31/K) or disposal of the vehicle (details are on the information sheetAO/05/15/K). In the event that the purchase or sale of a vehicle is not reported within the prescribed period, a fine of PLN 200 to PLN 1,000 is imposed.Due to the epidemic situation declared in the Republic of Poland, the specified period has been extended to 60 days from the date of purchase or sale of the vehicle. This extended period will remain in effect until the outbreak status related to COVID-19 is lifted.
  3. The obligation to display number plates and plates does not apply to a registered vehicle purchased by the police, the Home Guard Agency, the Foreign Intelligence Service, the State Anti-Corruption Bureau, the Border Guard, the Military Counter-Intelligence Service, the Military Intelligence Service Service, the Armed Forces of the Republic of Poland and the Customs Service.
  4. If the data of the vehicle transferor do not correspond to the data from the traffic permit, all documents confirming the transfer of the ownership right must be attached to the request for registration of the vehicle.
  5. In case of loss of vehicle traffic card before re-registrationa certificate issued by the last registration authority confirming the data in the lost document is required.
  6. Authorities responsible for vehicle registration are required to check whether motor vehicle owners have met the requirement for liability insurance (failure to submit a valid liability insurance does not mean that your application will be rejected, but the Insurance Guarantee Fund will be rejected). notified that the document has not been delivered).
  7. Natural and legal persons who own large trucks with a total weight of more than 3.5 tons, tractors or tractors with a total weight of more than 3.5 tons, trailers or semi-trailers with a total weight of more than 7 tons, motor vehicles and buses are obliged to pay tax on vehicles. The tax can be paid at the district office that regulates the person's place of residence, or at the company's registered office or atul Tax Payer Service Center. Obozowa 57 St. in Warsaw by bank transfer to the bank account number (you can find information about this tax on the information sheetCOP/01/02/K).
  8. If youforeignor a branch/representation of a foreign company is the owner of the said vehicles, the tax is paid to the competent district office depending on the foreigner's place of residence, i.e. the headquarters of the foreign company's branch or representative office.

The above information is general and derives from applicable legal provisions.
In some cases, you may be asked to provide additional documents or clarifications.

Legal basis

  1. Law of 14 June 1960. Law on administrative process
  2. Road Traffic Act from 20 June 1997
  3. Act of 16 November 2006 on fees
  4. Act of 22 May 2003 on Compulsory Insurance, the Insurance Guarantee Fund and the Office of Polish Motor Insurance Companies
  5. Law of 20 January 2005 on the recycling of vehicles at the end of their life cycle
  6. Decree of the Minister of Infrastructure of 31 August 2022 on vehicle registration and marking, requirements for number plates and models of other documents related to vehicle registration
  7. Decree of the Minister of Infrastructure of 31. August 2022 on the detailed actions of the competent authorities in matters relating to the release of vehicles to traffic and sample documents for these matters
  8. The Minister of Digitalisation's decree of 2 April 2022 on fees for registration of vehicles that are revenue for the Foundation - Central Register of Vehicles and Drivers
  9. Decree of the Minister of Infrastructure of 4. August 2022 on the amount of fees for issuing traffic permits, temporary permits and legalized traffic plates (plates) and their copies
  10. Act of 12 January 1991 on local taxes and charges
  11. Act of 11 March 2004 on taxation of goods and services
  12. Act of 24 September 2010 on the national register

    Download filer:

    • Application for vehicle registration/deregistration (opens new window)
    • Authorization (opens a new window)
    • Consent to the processing of personal data (opens in a new window)


How do I register a used car in Poland? ›

In order to register a car, the owner should go to the department of motor vehicles of the administrative county district (wydział komunikacji starostwa) (often a branch office of the county department of motor vehicles operates in a commune office) or to the municipal office competent for the place of residence of the ...

What is the tax on buying a car in Poland? ›

What tax I pay for buying a car in Poland? If you buy new car – you will pay 23 % of VAT within the price. If you buy used car you will pay: 2 % of transaction tax (private seller) on the top of the price, or 23 % of VAT (professional seller) within the price.

How do I register an imported car in Poland? ›

How Does The Polish Car Registration System Work?
  1. Vehicle registration application.
  2. ID card with visa or residence card (passport is acceptable)
  3. Proof of vehicle ownership (contract, VAT invoice, or final judgment)
  4. Registration documents.
  5. Vehicle history card (if available)
  6. Proof of excise duty paid.

Can a non resident buy a car in Poland? ›

How can I buy a car in Poland? Every foreigner, not only a citizen of Ukraine, can buy a car in Poland, both new and used. The purchase is most often made on the basis of a VAT invoice issued by the seller (e.g. car dealership, commission) or a contract of sale (especially when the seller is a natural person).

Can I import a used car from Europe? ›

Can You Import a Car From Europe That You Can't Drive? The good news is that you can import pretty much any car from Europe, even if you can't legally drive it. It will, however, make the shipping process and clearing customs more complicated. You can still do this as long as you convert the vehicle to U.S. standards.

How much is a car inspection in Poland? ›

A technical inspection of your vehicle can be done at any vehicle inspection station in Poland, the fee for such inspection is 100 PLN).

How much is VAT on a car in Poland? ›

Standard rate: 23%

What is import tax from Poland? ›

The import tax charged on a shipment will be 23% on the full value of your items.

What is the tax exemption in Poland? ›

Personal income tax rates. * In the case of income up to PLN 120,000, the tax is 12% minus the amount decreasing tax, which is PLN 3,600 (i.e. 12% of PLN 30,000, which is the tax-free amount of income). The tax-free amount is set at PLN 30,000 and was introduced as of 1 January 2022.

Can an American buy a car in Poland? ›

You may be relieved to learn that there are no restrictions for foreigners when it comes to buying cars or other vehicles. You are free to buy your dream car either from a dealer or a used one.

How do I import a car from the EU to the US? ›

Read on for a brief overview of how to import a car from Europe.
  1. Choose the Car and Check Emissions. ...
  2. Contact the Dealer and Negotiate. ...
  3. Arrange for Shipping. ...
  4. Complete the Proper Paperwork. ...
  5. Check the NHTSA List of Approved Vehicles. ...
  6. Consult the U.S. EPA. ...
  7. Make Arrangements with U.S. Customs. ...
  8. Clean the Undercarriage.

How do I register my car in Warsaw? ›

Go to your District Office and submit your application, including any attachments, and pay any necessary fees. You can book your visit with the Office using Warsaw's booking system (click

Can I buy a car in Europe and bring it to the US? ›

Nonresidents may import a vehicle duty-free for personal use up to (1) one year if the vehicle is imported in conjunction with the owner's arrival. Vehicles imported under this provision that do not conform to U.S. safety and emission standards must be exported within one year and may not be sold in the U.S.

Can an American rent a car in Poland? ›

In order to rent a car in Poland, you must present: A valid driver's license that has been held for at least one year. A valid credit card in the renter's name. Customers from the USA, Canada, and Australia need a valid International Driving Permit (IDP) issued by their country of origin.

How much is car insurance in Poland? ›

Single-car drivers in Poland pay an average of $1,416 annually for car insurance. That's about $118 per month to insure your car.

How do I register a foreign car in the US? ›

When filing an entry with CBP for your vehicle, you must demonstrate to CBP that you own the vehicle, and that it conforms to U.S. Emissions and Safety Standards. You must submit proof of ownership such as a certificate of title, bill of sale, or manufacturer statement of origin to a CBP Officer at the port.

What is the 25 year rule? ›

If the vehicle is less than 25 years old and was not originally manufactured to comply with all applicable FMVSS, and/or was not so certified by its original manufacturer, it cannot be lawfully imported into the U.S. on a permanent basis unless NHTSA determines it eligible for importation.

Why does the US have a 25 year import rule? ›

The 1998 Amendment: The 25 Year Rule

Then, in 1998, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration issued the 25 Year Rule. This allowed vehicles older than 25 years to be admitted into the country because they are “collectible” – which in this instance is just another word for obsolete.

How to export a car from Poland? ›

Your vehicle must be presented at the National Car Testing Service Centre (NCTS) for examination before you export it. The vehicle must then be exported within 30 days.

How do I get a car license in Poland? ›

Apply for a Polish licence
  1. You need to be a resident of Poland.
  2. You need to meet the age requirements for the category you want to obtain.
  3. You need to pass medical tests.
  4. You need to pass a theoretical and practical driving exam.
Feb 19, 2016

Is there car inspection in USA? ›

Vehicle safety inspections are performed by licensed car technicians at any of your state's DMV locations.

Are cars expensive in Poland? ›

WITHIN the newly expanded European Union (EU), Poland is the cheapest country in which to buy a car, although under current trends that honour may not last long.

What do I need for VAT registration in Poland? ›

You submit the VAT-R application to the competent revenue office. If: you run a company as a legal person (e.g. a private limited company) or an organisational unit without legal personality (e.g. an association), submit the application to the revenue office having jurisdiction over your company's registered office.

How much does it cost to ship a car to Poland? ›

How much does it cost to ship a car to Poland? The average price to ship a car to Poland ranges from $1150 to $2195.

How much can I import without paying duty in Poland? ›

The customs value is based on the price paid for the goods. Customs duty is not due for goods, provided directly to the buyer when their value does not exceed €150, excluding transport and insurance costs.

How do I know if I have to pay import taxes? ›

You'll need to pay customs duty (or import tax) on any goods you move across the US border from other countries, though goods from some countries are exempt due to different international trade agreements. The United States Customs and Border Protection (CBP) enforces customs rules.

How much is customs duty in USA? ›

The amount of import tax and duties to be paid depends on the country from which the goods are imported. Duty tax rates are between 0 to 37.5% with the typical rate being 5.63%. A flat rate of 3% applies to e-commerce purchases that are in excess of the US import tax threshold limits.

Can US citizens buy property in Poland? ›

Can foreigner buy property in Poland? Yes, foreigners are allowed to buy properties in Poland. EU companies and citizens are unrestricted. While other nationals and corporations may be required to obtain permit from Ministry of Internal Affairs.

How much tax do non residents pay in Poland? ›

In the case of Nonresidents, such income is subject to a 20 percent flat rate final tax, which is paid by the 20th of the following month. What are the current income tax rates for residents and Nonresidents in Poland? In 2022, Poland applies a progressive income tax scale to individuals; these rates are set out below.

What is the average salary in Poland? ›

Average monthly gross wages in national economy in Poland 1995-2022. Over the period observed, the average monthly gross salary in the Polish national economy increased annually and reached 6346.15 zloty in 2022.

Do you need car insurance in Poland? ›

Does the car have to be insured? In Poland, there is an obligation to have liability insurance (in short: third party liability insurance) for owners of motor vehicles, including those that are not used. So the car parked in the garage must also have a valid liability insurance.

Can an American drive a car in Europe? ›

If you have a valid license from your home state, you can drive in European countries for up to 90 days without further documentation. However, once you have spent more than 90 days in Europe and wish to continue driving there, it is recommended that you get an International Driver's License (IDL).

Does Poland make their own cars? ›

Automotive manufacturing has evolved into one of Poland's key industries in terms of production value, employment, capital expenditures and exports. Poland is the region's largest automotive market in terms of sales and services.

How much tax I have to pay if I want to import a car from USA to India? ›

You may need to pay approximately 165% of the car's cost, car insurance, and freight (CIF) value as import duty. You may need to pay approximately 116% of the bike's cost, insurance, and freight (CIF) value as import duty. The vehicle needs to be registered in India at the nearest RTO.

How much does it cost to import a car into the US? ›

Pay duty fees: According to U.S. Customs and Border Protection, current rates are 2.5% of the purchase price for automobiles, free or 2.4% for motorcycles, and 25% for trucks. Take possession of your car: You must be present or hire a customs broker to sign for your car when it arrives.

How much does it cost to ship a car from Europe to the United States? ›

The cost to ship your car internationally can range from $650 to $2,000 or more. The cost depends on factors such as distance, vehicle, shipping method, customs fees, and SOLAS VGM verification if shipping overseas. To transport your car, find an auto transport company that ships internationally.

What is the national register number in Poland? ›

Polish National Identification Number is a universal electronic system for registration of the population, which is the national identification number used in Poland since 1979.

What is tax registration number in Poland? ›

Here in Poland, it is called “Numer Identyfikacji Podatkowej” or short “NIP”. It starts with the country code “PL” which is followed by ten digits, e.g., PL0123456789.

What is a company registration number called in Poland? ›

Upon its registration the company obtains tax identification number [Polish: NIP] and statistical number [Polish: REGON].

How long does it take to ship a car from Europe to US? ›

Sailing times vary depending on the departure and destination ports, with an average range of 6 to 21 days. Our team can provide you with all the necessary information about customs regulations, EPA and DOT requirements, and other important considerations to ensure a smooth and hassle-free shipping experience.

How to buy a car in another country? ›

9 Tips for Buying a Car Overseas
  1. Find a reliable source. ...
  2. Budget for taxes. ...
  3. Understand warranty repairs. ...
  4. Prepare for a change of plans. ...
  5. Find out about shipping the car to the United States. ...
  6. Ask if you can special-order your car. ...
  7. Find out what happens if the car isn't what you expected when you take delivery.

Can you buy a car overseas and ship it to the US? ›

If you need to have your vehicle shipped overseas and imported to the United States, then your vehicle will need to be transported across the ocean on a boat. International auto shipping services can generally get you the most affordable pricing in this category.

Can I rent a car in Europe with US driver's license? ›

Can I rent a car in Europe with a US Driver's License? Yes, you will need both your passport and your driver's license to rent a car in Europe.

Do I need an International Driving Permit to rent a car in Poland? ›

Before going on your trip, keep in mind that there is no way to rent a car in Poland without having an International Driving Permit. Every car rental company will ask you for it. You don't have to get yourself a local Polish driving license. But, driving any car without this driving permit is illegal in Poland.

What documents do I need to hire a car in Poland? ›

To rent a car in Poland, you must be at least 21 years old (age may vary by car category) and have held your license for 1 year. A few car classes have a maximum rental age of 70 years. Drivers renting a car under the age of 25 may incur a young driver surcharge. An International Drivers License is required.

Is there car tax in Poland? ›

The taxable amount is the market value of the vehicle purchased. The market value is determined on the basis of average prices used in the trading of property of the same type and kind, taking into account their location, condition and degree of wear and tear, without deducting any debts and charges.

Are European cars more expensive to insure? ›

Your insurance rates likely won't be impacted by having a foreign car — the one that's right for you all comes down to personal preference.

Which country pays the most for car insurance? ›

Most expensive countries for car ownership index
RankingCountryAVG Annual insurance cost (USD)
22 more rows
Apr 3, 2023

Can you register a right-hand drive car in Poland? ›

Polish law requires that the steering wheel is placed on the left-hand side of the vehicle. This means that in practice right-hand drive cars, both new and used, cannot be registered in Poland.

Can a foreigner register a car in Europe? ›

Buying a car in Europe as a foreigner is possible, but legally owning it is not. Registering a car in your name without an address and/or residency is almost impossible in any European country.

Can you register a RHD car in Poland? ›

National legislation requires that the steering wheel is placed on the left-hand side of the vehicle. That means that, in practice, new and used cars with right-hand drive cannot be registered.

Can I drive a car in Poland on a US license? ›

Traffic Laws: You must have a U.S. driver's license and International Driving Permit (IDP) in order to drive in Poland. U.S. citizens cannot obtain IDPs in Poland. If you stay in Poland for more than six months and continue to drive, you must obtain a Polish driver's license.

Can you register a right-hand drive car in the US? ›

There are no regulations prohibiting the use of RHD cars on public roads in the United States. As long as an automobile follows federal emissions and safety standards statutes, it can be licensed and used by anyone holding a driver's license.

Can you own a right-hand drive car in the US? ›

No federal laws prevent you from buying, owning, or operating a right-hand drive vehicle in the United States. Keep in mind: American roadways are designed for left-hand drive vehicles. You'll still have to follow all of the traffic laws that apply to LHD vehicles if you choose to drive an RHD car on American roads.

Can I drive a car in Europe with an American license? ›

If you have a valid license from your home state, you can drive in European countries for up to 90 days without further documentation. However, once you have spent more than 90 days in Europe and wish to continue driving there, it is recommended that you get an International Driver's License (IDL).

Can you use US plates in Europe? ›

As long as the vehicle is legal in the US – taxes paid, safety inspections, and insurance – you will have no problem.

What does VAT mean in Poland? ›

Value-added tax (VAT) Polish VAT applies to the following activities: Supplies of goods and services within the territory of Poland. Exports of goods outside the territory of the European Union. Imports of goods from countries that do not belong to the European Union.

What is the penalty for VAT in Poland? ›

Penalties for failure to file a VAT return in Poland: A fine up to 5600 PLN (about 1230 euros). Penalties for late payment of VAT in Poland: A fine up to 5600 PLN. (about 1230 euros). Late payment interest rate between 4% and 12% per year of the undeclared VAT.


Top Articles
Latest Posts
Article information

Author: Jerrold Considine

Last Updated: 01/11/2024

Views: 5501

Rating: 4.8 / 5 (58 voted)

Reviews: 89% of readers found this page helpful

Author information

Name: Jerrold Considine

Birthday: 1993-11-03

Address: Suite 447 3463 Marybelle Circles, New Marlin, AL 20765

Phone: +5816749283868

Job: Sales Executive

Hobby: Air sports, Sand art, Electronics, LARPing, Baseball, Book restoration, Puzzles

Introduction: My name is Jerrold Considine, I am a combative, cheerful, encouraging, happy, enthusiastic, funny, kind person who loves writing and wants to share my knowledge and understanding with you.